Best things to do this week: May 16-22, 2022
Make the most of your week with our top 16 festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22, 2022.
This week brings a great mix of outdoor fun, great concerts and family events to enjoy in Houston.
We’ve narrowed it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the expanded calendar for more events in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22, 2022.
High 15 Festivals, Events and Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Wine dinner featuring Nice Winery at Brennan’s of Houston | tuesday may 17 – The classic Gulf restaurant hosts a special five-course French-inspired dinner paired with award-winning wines from local region, Nice Winery, for Brennan’s first wine dinner of the year. $175. 6:30 p.m.
- College Baseball: Houston Cougars vs. Rice Owls at Schroeder Park | tuesday may 17 – After posting a solid winning record, the Coogs will host Rice in their final home game of the season, before wrapping up in North Carolina. $10 and up. 6:30 p.m.
- Notorious RBG in Song at the Holocaust Museum Houston | Wednesday May 18 – Soprano and composer Patrice Michaels (daughter-in-law of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg) joins acclaimed pianist Andrew Harley for a nine-song performance that highlights key aspects of Justice Ginsburg’s personal and professional life. $25. 7 p.m.
- Paul Wall, Doc Loc & the Swangers, DJ Mav live at Discovery Green | Thursday May 19 | FREE – The Thursday night concert series continues to roll at Discovery Green, with H-Town legend Paul Wall on stage, backed by a big band arrangement from Doc Loc and the Swangers, and DJ Mav on the decks. 7 p.m.
- New Kids on the Block, featuring Salt-N-Pepa, Rick Astley and En Vogue in concert at Toyota Center | Thursday May 19 – Go back to the 90s for an evening of danceable hits and irresistible pop songs from New Kids On The Block, Salt-N-Pepa, Rick Astley and En Vogue. $29.95 and up. 7:30 p.m.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | From Thursday 19 May to Sunday 22 May – With the Rangers in town for the weekend, the hot Red Stros are hosting several days of giveaways, including a Chewbacca cooler on Thursdays star wars Night, an Orbit jersey on Friday, a Yuli Gurriel bobblehead on Saturday, and a limited keychain on Sunday afternoon. $15 and up. Hours vary.
- An evening with They Might Be Giants at House of Blues | Friday May 20 – Alternative rock duo party hard Flood, the band’s historic third album, performing it in its entirety along with other fan favorites. $30 and up. 6:30 p.m.
- Carin Leon in concert at the Smart Financial Center | Friday May 20 – The Latin singer-songwriter brings his hyper-traditional music filled with strings, horns, accordions, acoustic guitars, bass and snare drums to Sugar Land. $66 and up. 7 p.m.
- 2022 Houston Art Bike Festival at MacGregor Park | Saturday May 21 | FREE – Celebrate personal creativity on two wheels at this inaugural festival and bike parade featuring HISD Schools art bikes, live music, art activities, food trucks, and more. The hike starts at MacGregor Park, then Fonde Park and Smither Park (at the Orange Show) along Brays Bayou Greenway. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- “Chief Humankindness Officer” Casting Call for St. Luke’s Health at Silver Street Studios| Saturday May 21 | FREE – Children ages 5-12 are invited to audition for the honorary position of Chief Humankindness Officer for St. Luke’s Health. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Houston Margarita Festival at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday May 21 – Returning for its ninth edition at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park, the Houston Margarita Festival features 19 flavored margs for tasting, live music, DJ tunes, dancing, food vendors, and more. $9 with discount code 365; $30 at the door. Noon to 10 p.m.
- 14th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central | Saturday May 21 – Head to the island for fun in the sun during this official kick-off to the summer season, with a Bathing Beauties competition, hot rod and classic car show, food and vintage vendors, and more. $5 and up. 7 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Karbach Hot Sauce Festival at Karbach Brewing | Sunday May 22 – Add some heat to your day at this second annual festival celebrating all things spicy, with a special performance by Bob Schneider, artist markets, local food and hot sauce vendors. $12. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ronstadt Revue Tribute to Main Street Crossing | Sunday May 22 – Watch Gesenia Gerena bring music icon Linda Ronstadt’s 40+ year career to life with a tribute performance featuring her music in both English and Spanish. $45 and up. 6:30 p.m.
- Performing Arts Houston presents An Evening with Neil Gaiman at Jones Hall | Sunday May 22 – Genre author known for popular works like Coraline, american godsand the Sand seller comic book series comes to Jones Hall for an evening of stories, questions and words of wisdom. $29 and up. 8 p.m.
Many more things to do in Houston
- Top concerts and live shows this week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars and personalities taking the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top games and sporting events this week – Expand select professional and college sports games, traveling sports competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top things for kids and families to do this week – Focus on the best option for families and juniors around Greater Houston.
- Current temporary museum exhibits and art installations in Greater Houston – Explore the latest installations and short-term exhibits at museums and venues around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More options on our calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum and Brewery passes